Top Universities in UK
- The UK universities and colleges offer excellent standard and wide choice of courses recognized and accepted world over. There are many types of qualifications offered under the UK higher education system.
Undergraduate programmes in the UK are normally completed in three years in England and Wales and four years in Scotland. These include bachelor’s degrees, foundation degrees, higher national diplomas (HNDs) and others.
Postgraduate programmes in the UK require an undergraduate degree to be eligible. PG courses can be academic or industry-oriented. These include master’s degrees, MBAs, PhDs, doctorates, post-graduate diplomas, professional and vocational qualifications and others.
- Postgraduate Taught (like Master’s) courses are usually one year in length; conducted through lectures or seminars, and assessment and evaluation is done via coursework and/or examinations.
- Research postgraduate programmes (such as PhDs) need more in-depth independent study under expert guidance, over a period of 2-3 years or more. Research findings are then presented in the form of a written thesis or dissertation.
Universities and Colleges
- There are 160 universities and colleges in the UK that award degrees in various educational disciplines. These are recognized by the UK authorities.
- There are over 700 colleges and other institutions which don’t award the degrees themselves but provide courses that are validated by the recognized institutions.
List of the top universities in the UK is provided here to help you choose the best university for your academic success and career perspective.
- University of Oxford – one of the oldest and most reputed universities in the world with over 22,000 undergraduate and post-graduate students
- University of Cambridge – has 31 colleges and six academic schools with over 20,000 students annually
- University of London – has several well known colleges across the city of London with over 180,000 students
- University of Manchester
- University of Essex
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of the Arts at London
- Aston University
- University of Bath
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bolton
- BPP University
- University of Bradford
- University of Brighton
- University of Bristol
- Durham University
- University of East London
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Hull
- Imperial College London
- Keele University
- University of Kent
- University of Warwick
- Newman University
- Newcastle University
There are numerous other good colleges and universities in the UK providing courses in all fields. Contact the XL Pathfinders team to help you identify the best university for your academic needs.