Scholarship to study in UK
Scholarships for studying in the United Kingdom are of mainly three types:
- Scholarships offered by UK institutions
- UK Government sponsored
- Private Trusts and funds
There are two admission windows in an academic year in which you can apply for admission to study in the United Kingdom. These dates are tentative and may vary depending on the university.
- Major Intakes- September
- Minor Intakes- January, February, March, July & November
Students planning to study and apply for scholarships in the UK must start the application process at least 8-12 months prior to the planned intake to ensure proper documentation, editing, precise statements and adequately completing all application steps based on the requirements of the university.
Scholarship deadlines may be different for different institutions. Timely documentation and submission are critical for obtaining the best scholarship available to study in the United Kingdom. In order to maximize your benefits from the available scholarships in the United Kingdom, call us or walk into the XL Pathfinders office at the earliest.
The two intakes are intended to admit the desired number of students, we advise the students to target the major intake period for greater possibilities of selection and admission.
Listed below are some UK scholarships to study in the UK.
Government-funded UK scholarships for international students
- British Chevening Scholarships –funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partnered organizations. Provide full or part funding for full-time graduate programs in any subject.
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries – funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) for masters and PhD students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities – for taught master’s programs in the UK. Programs studied must be relevant to the development of technology, economy or society in the student’s country of origin.
Non-governmental UK scholarships for international students
- Euraxess UK – by the British Council, Euraxess UK offer various graduate research scholarships
Other scholarships (specifically for Indian students)
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships – UK scholarships for doctoral students, research students and visiting fellows from India
- Goa Education Trust Scholarships ¬– UK scholarships for Goan students to undertake postgraduate study in the UK within any field.
- Saltire Scholarships – scholarships for students from Canada, the US, India and China to study in Scotland at any degree level.
Contact us at XL Pathfinders to help you in timely preparation, assortment and classification of documents for scholarships in the United Kingdom. XL Pathfinders will find for you the right scholarship based on your academic, merits and talents, matched with the right University.